Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.
At Cummings Electrical, our Service business offers dedicated managers and industry experts to assist with our clients' electrical needs. We strive to be leaders in the electrical field by revolutionizing the way we do business through collaboration, education, and innovative technology with the intent to find a better way. We provide long-term solutions that add value to their business and facilities.
We have an immediate opening for an Electrical Estimator to join our growing Service Division. This position collaborates with cross functioning teams to compile and enter all information required for estimates related to industrial and commercial electrical service projects. It is an integral part of the construction process and ensures competitiveness, profitability, and growth. Electrical Estimators develop accurate, competitive, and profitable bid proposals for a variety of commercial, industrial, healthcare and mission critical projects, and ensure that the Company's best interesst are represented. Electrical Estimator effectively communicate with internal customers, vendors, and end users throughout the estimating process. This position promotes environmental stewardship and a work culture focused on health and safety.
Excellent benefits package includes:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental, Accident & Critical Illness
- 401K & ROTH 401K
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
GENERAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Additional responsibilities may also be assigned.
- Reviews and evaluates project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant documents to identify what is needed to create a bid proposal when available.
- Assists with design of projects that are not fully designed.
- Calculates the cost of electrical construction based on reviewing and evaluating available documents and/or site conditions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confers with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Attends job site walk-throughs with other estimators as necessary to ensure that any field conditions that may potentially affect or impact the construction, prospective bid or pre-construction designs are properly handled
- Work alongside other estimators, project managers and project engineers on change orders and cost to complete estimates of ongoing projects
- Analyzes projects for value engineering options while considering specific job conditions that may affect labor and material to be purchased and installed
- Anticipates potential problems and is proactive by taking action.
- Requests material and equipment quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers.
- Reviews quotes to confirm adherence to quote specifications and accuracy of quotes received
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with vendors
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with clients
- Prepares bid documents including specific scope letter for each project, evaluations with adjustments for buy-outs, labor rate, productivity, etc. and identifies any inconsistent issues, conflicts, and other problems
- Designs electrical service systems for projects including building and pre-construction services
- Attend estimating/sales meetings, and project meetings to discuss bid status, and present/solve problems
- Meets with general contractors, owners, and site personnel, as needed
- Keeps company personnel, clients, general contractors, and all others current on bid progress
- Able to provide accurate, detailed, and competitive estimates
- Participates in sales functions and entertain clients on a limited basis
- Organize and present "roll up” meetings
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Mainly office but may also include all other work environments as required: sit, stand, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone.
- Work is generally performed in -controlled office environment.
- Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
- Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer terminal.
- May on occasion be exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise levels, such as from office equipment.
- Can be exposed to hazardous materials, loud noises and extreme heat/cold temperatures, if visiting job sites or other off-site events.
- Can be exposed to Heavy Equipment, slippery surfaces, uneven footing on the jobsite.
- Moderate noise ( business office with computers, , and printers, light foot traffic).
- Repeat the same mental activities.
- Ability to operate a keyboard at efficient speed and typical business office equipment, including computer hardware.
- Regularly required to talk and/or hear; use hands to operate objects, tools or controls (phone, computer, printer etc.); and reach with hands and arms.
- Work performed causes fatigue of eyes, fingers and other facilities because of continuous use of motor senses.
- Vision and hearing at or correctable to normal ranges.
- May be occasionally be asked to lift, stoop, kneel, and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, combined with completion of an Electrical Apprenticeship Program and field experience, or a bachelor's degree in Construction Management or similar studies
- Minimum 5+ years' relevant experience related to commercial, industrial and "service” projects
- Accustomed to estimating for projects at varied price ranges
- Thorough knowledge of the electrical field with familiarity in materials and construction methods
- Knowledgeable of the N.E.C and local codes
- Proficient with MS Suite & Outlook and experience utilizing Accubid and AutoCAD
- Strong computer skills and adept at learning new software
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented and self-motivated
- Outgoing and personable
- Must have dependable transportation and be willing/able to drive to site specific locations
Employment at Cummings is subject to background check and drug screen; must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Compensation requirements commensurate with experience.
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :